Rep. LaHood Reaffirms his Commitment to Protecting Life
WASHINGTON, D.C. —As hundreds of thousands descend on Washington today to lend support to the pro-life movement and defend the unborn, Rep. LaHood met with constituents and students from across the 18th District who made the trip to Washington. In addition, LaHood signed on as an original cosponsor on three pieces of legislation that defend the unborn, reaffirming his commitment to defending life as the 116th Congress begins.
“As a father of three, I remain deeply committed to defending life and protecting the unborn. I am immensely proud to see so many students from central and west-central Illinois in Washington to lend their voice in defense of the miracle of life. The spirit and faith of these young leaders will continue to galvanize lawmakers in Congress and I look forward to standing with them as we work to protect life,” stated Rep. LaHood.
Rep. LaHood met with students from Peoria Notre Dame, Quincy Notre Dame, and other schools from throughout the 18th District. In addition, students from Bloomington Central Catholic and the Springfield Dioceses were Washington to celebrate life.
Rep. LaHood will remain a member of the Pro-Life Caucus in the 116th Congress. Last week, Rep. LaHood joined over 160 members of Congress and sent a letter to President Trump urging him to veto any piece of legislation that weakens pro-life policies. You can read it here.
Rep. LaHood Signed onto the Following Bills as an Original Cosponsor:
- Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act – Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ)
- Amends the US Code to prohibit any person from performing an abortion on an unborn child who is 20 weeks or older
- No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act – Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ)
- Would make the Hyde Amendment and other current abortion funding prohibitions permanent and government-wide
- Life at Conception Act – Rep. Alex Mooney (R-WV)
- This legislation declares that life begins at the moment of conception, therefore entitling the unborn to legal protection