As a Member of Congress, my primary responsibility to serving my constituents well. A significant component of that helping with any questions, concerns or problems with the federal government.  

I am honored to represent you in Congress and my staff and I are here to help in any way possible. I am here to help you in any way I can, from your family’s visit to the Capitol to your unanswered claim with the VA.

Please reach out if my staff or myself can help you at all! Even if I am unable to directly help you or your family with an issue, I can connect you to the appropriate public official or agency to assist you. 


Am I eligible for assistance?

  1. Are you a resident of the 16th District of Illinois? You can check by entering your zip code
  2. Does your case involve a federal agency? provides a list of federal agencies.
  3. Does this case primarily involve you or your dependent? Privacy laws can limit your ability to represent another individual or group.


What types of assistance can I expect from Darin?

My office is here to assist constituents with problems involving a federal agency. I may make inquiries as to the status of your case, obtain additional information, or direct you to appropriate resources or services. 

My role is to assure you a fair and thorough review of your case and to seek a timely response from a federal agency.

What types of assistance can I not expect from Darin?

As a legislator, I am unable to become involved in court cases or legal issues due to the Separation of Powers in the U.S. Constitution.

As a federal official, I also cannot assist with state government agencies (such as Medicaid, Child Support, Unemployment) but I am happy to connect you with the correct person who can.

Can I get my case expedited?

It is rare that a case can be “sped up” for any reason other than extreme hardship. If you believe your situation merits faster processing, please contact my district office. My staff will discuss your situation and help you determine the proper strategy.