Social Security & Medicare
How Can I Help?
- Social Security
- Apply for and securing retirement benefits
- Inquire about Disability claims and appeals
- Obtain Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Replace Social Security Cards
- Facilitate in enrolling seniors in Medicare Part A, B, C, & D
- Request a replacement Medicare card or update information
- Sign you up for Extra Help Assistance
- Enroll in a Marketplace Health Insurance Plan (www.healthcare.gov)
Who is eligible to receive assistance?
- You can apply online for retirement benefits or benefits as a spouse if you:
- are at least 61 years and 9 months old;
- are not currently receiving benefits on your own Social Security record;
- have not already applied for retirement benefits; and
- want your benefits to start no more than 4 months in the future. (We cannot process your application if you apply for benefits more than 4 months in advance.)
- Social Security Disability benefits:
- Social Security pays benefits to people who can’t work because they have a medical condition that’s expected to last at least one year or result in death. Federal law requires this very strict definition of disability. While some programs give money to people with partial disability or short-term disability, Social Security does not.
How to Apply
- Apply for SSA Benefits Online
- You may contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1(800) 772-1213 or TTY: 1(800) 325-0778. An agent can help you find your local office, send you the correct forms, and answer questions that you may have.
To Locate a local social security office near you, click here:
Frequently Asked Questions